Saturday, July 9, 2011

BREAD RECIPE SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I decided to make up my own recipe tonight... Why??? No idea.. I get in these moods..

It came out wildly successful and I am to the moon excited!

I call this Jill's Bread Recipe - Take 1.  I am sure there were previous recipes that I improvised... and there will be other recipes... I just happened to actually write this one down as I made it - so it get's the special label! :-)
It tastes as yummy as it looks!

I made rolls to go with it - since I made this a double batch...



Have not cut into those yet.. but I am sure they are equally delish!

Below is my recipe:



JILL’S BREAD RECIPE – Take 1

1 Cup Almond Flour
1 Cup Lima Bean Flour
1 Cup Expandex
¾ Cup Chickpea Flour
1 tbsp.  Xanthum Gum
1 ½ teaspoons salt
2 ¼ teaspoons dry active yeast
1 teaspoon roasted coriander (use any seasoning)
3 tbsps. Grapeseed oil (use olive, canola)
3 tbsps. Honey
1 ½ cups warm/hot water  (added an extra ¼ cup when putting wet ingredients together)
1 teaspoon sugar

Activate Yeast in separate glass measuring cup with the WATER and SUGAR.  Dissolve sugar in water and then mix in yeast.  While this is activating…

Mix ALL dry ingredients in a large bowl with a whisk – so it is all evenly distributed.

Lightly beat eggs, oils and honey and after about 10 of yeast proofing (you will see it double in volume and be foamy) add yeast into mixer with wet ingredients.  Slowly add dry ingredients and  mix on medium for about 5 minutes. 

I lined a loaf pan with parchment paper and spooned in the batter. 

I pre-heated the oven to 200 and then when it was set – I turned it off (I did this before the above steps).

I put the filled loaf pan in the OFF oven for 1 hour, to rise.  About 10 minutes prior to the hour – I took it out and heated the oven to 350.

I baked the bread for 1 hour (give or take a few minutes depending on the oven.  I covered it half way through with a tented piece of foil – so it did not get too dark!

I made a double batch and spooned the other half into muffin top tins.  I baked for about 30 minutes…

NOTE TO SELF:  MUST GREASE THE NON-STICK MUFFIN TOP TINS - Apparently, the non-stick does not apply to sticking :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment