Tuesday, July 5, 2011

My FEET hurt but the bellies are full!

I tried Almond flour (my homemade ground almonds... nothing more - but delicious all the same) and flax seed meal version of the One-Minute Bread from Glutenfree Poodle.   I added garlic and cajun seasoning and my kids BEGGED for grilled cheese on this for lunch!  Another successful venture... I could not get a picture - they tore into it before I had a chance...

I DID get a picture of the Chocolate Chip Almond Meal Cookies - no butter and no eggs.... they were amazing!  Gabby was so impressed she offered them up to the neighbors at our 4th of July fireworks... She was so pleased everyone liked them!  Not one person could believe they were flourless, butterless AND healthy!!


The Almond flour pancakes were a hit with hubby and daughter... little guy - eh - not so much... there was EXTRA syrup drowning going on.... 


Before all of this there was the Chocolate Velvet Torte Birthday cake.... OMG - it was like chocolate mousse - but in cake form..... it did not last long at alll!  


Let us not forget the rolls that are perfect for lunch sandwiches .... Yummm!


And last, but not least, the Almond Flour Rosemary/Garlic Crackers..... I think I am in love.... I now need a goat, chickens and a rosemary bush!


I am not a photographer or food stylist.... I throw things right into my trusty Tupperware (when it even lasts that long... but I love that my family has homemade wholesome goodies and they are enjoying them.

I have spent more hours in my kitchen this month than I have in - well - ever.  I always made homemade meals, fixed appetizers for BBQs, etc... this is a whole new level of Martha freaking Stewart for me... I am learning what I like, how to mix, blend and tweak recipes and mainly enjoying the smiles on the family's face... not to much protesting about no more gluten in the house.  I do, however, need a serious massage and some kind of stool that I can sit on in the kitchen - my FEET HURT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment