Saturday, July 2, 2011

Please Find My Sanity

I feel even more overwhelmed than I have in some time.  It might have to do with the fact that I am constantly preparing new recipes that are made from scratch and gluten free OR because my once sweet daughter is acting like a rebellious, hateful teenager at 8.  Not sure - but she is working on my last nerve.  I know parents are supposed to ooooww and ahhhh and gush about their kids all of the time - but that is SO FAKE.  We live in the real world in my house and it is not always a bed of roses.  My kids torture each other until I have to flip out.... my husband forgets to take the trash out or help around the house - unless I flip out... and then they all look at me and want to know why I am flipping out.  Well - UM - figure it out.

I know that once the kids are back in school, I can prepare my baking/cooking and work schedule around their activities and school hours.  It is just really hard to juggle things in the summer.  I just am tired of apologizing for cooking/baking fresh meals and having to work (I REALLY try and get it done on off hours) while they want to do something else.  

It does not help that my 8 year old has lost her flipping mind this summer and her behavior is wayyyy out of control.  We do not hit our children, but sometimes I wonder if one good whopping would not cure her of her smart mouth and shitty attitude... Probably not.  She is too stubborn.  

I do not enjoy this part of parenting.  The part where you do everything except breath for your children - and they act like you are the worst parent and never pay them attention...  I know it will only get worse as they get older - but wasn't I supposed to get a moment in time where she was sweet and cuddly and sincere?  My son has his moments, but he is the polar opposite of her.

I may go and look for a shred or two of my sanity in a nice bottle of Chardonnay this evening... 


p.s. - have I mentioned how exhausting being healthy and making (almost) everything from scratch, is? :-P

p.p.s - I lost 22 lbs.  Yeah me...

No comments:

Post a Comment